Causes and Solutions to the Global Amphibian Declines
The GW Department of Biological Sciences Presents our Annual Earth Day Symposium!
Celebrate the biological sciences and their importance in understanding our world and how to protect species, ecosystems and landscapes for all. This event is free and open to the public.
- Louise Rollins Smith - Vanderbilt University: Amphibian immunity against the chytrid pathogens linked to global amphibian declines
- Maria Forzan - Cornell University: Veterinary diagnostics applied to amphibian conservation and research
- Kyle O'Connell - Smithsonian National Zoo & GW: Investigating population declines in woodland data from museum specimens
- Jeremy Feinberg - Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History: Amphibian declines in the urban Northeast: A case study and the unexpected discoveries of a new frog species
- Brian Gratwicke - Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute: Conserving Panamanian amphibians at risk of extinction from the chytrid fungus
Location: Jack Morton Auditorium, MPA Building
Poster Session & Reception
Location: Lower Level Lobby, MPA Building