Black Girl Ventures works to create access to capital for Black and Brown women founders. The BGV Pitch Competition flips the traditional pitch competition on its head: we allow the audience to donate, eliminate the panel of judges, and empower the community (audience) to ask questions and vote for the winner. Our partners include Google Cloud for Startups, HubSpot for Startups, Ed2Go, and The Corcoran School of the Arts.
How does this work?
- Attend the event.
- Listen to dynamic women pitch their businesses.
- Vote with your dollars. Donate to the idea you favor. Your donations go to the women!
- All 8 women receive seed funding and/or resources for their business based on your donations.
The first place winner will receive over $5,000 in cash and prizes including:
- Coaching with Shelly Bell
- A meeting with an investor
- $3K in Google Cloud Credits
- A consultation with an accountant
- Black Girl Ventures Grant (funds raised at the competition)
- A HubSpot for Startups Package (including free trainings, a discounted CRM, and more)
Pitch participants must identify as women and Black or Brown. However, audience participation is NOT specific to race, gender, creed or identity. Apply to pitch.
Light food and drinks will be served. [Please bring a valid ID]
This event is open to the public.
We believe that the future of inclusion is NOT to create more silos, but that we can be leaders for Black/Brown women and everyone can help us do that. Everyone can cheer on and advocate for women founders at BGV!
Even if you're unavailable to attend you can support women entrepreneurs by donating. The Black Girl Ventures Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are charitable donations.
Please note: There will be photography and videography at this event for promotional purposes. Your RSVP is an acknowledgment of photography and videography.
Got questions? We have answers!
Email us at [email protected].