About this Event
2000 H St NW, Washington DC 20052
Please join us for a remembrance of Professor Emeritus Judge Thomas Buergenthal and Fall 2023 Brand-Manatt Lecturer Judge Chile Eboe-Osuji. The lecture is part of the International and Comparative Law's Brand-Manatt Lecture Series. For this installment, we will have remarks from GW Law Dean Dayna Bowen Matthew, followed by remarks from Professors Ralph G. Steinhardt and Sean D. Murphy. A reception will follow the lecture.
- 3 PM | Welcome
- GW Law Dean Dayna Bowen Matthew
- 3:10 PM | Remembrance of Professor Emeritus Judge Thomas Buergenthal
- Professor Ralph G. Steinhardt, Lobingier Professor of Comparative Law and Jurisprudence Emeritus
- 3:25 PM | Screening of the Documentary "Peach Through Justice - The Legacy of Thomas Buergenthal
- International Nuremberg Principles Academy
- 4:15-4:30 PM | Coffee Break
- Enjoy a coffee with other attendees of the Brand-Manatt lecture.
- 4:30-5:30 PM | Fall 2023 Brand-Manatt Lecture: "Doing More with Peace as a Legal Norm"
- Lecturer: Judge Chile Eboe-Osuji, Distinguished International Jurist, Lincoln Alexander School of Law; former President of the International Criminal Court
- Introduced by Professor Sean D. Murphy, Manatt/Ahn Professor of International Law
- 5:30-6:30 PM | Panel on: "Striving for Peace through Justice Today: Perspectives on the International Criminal Court"
- Moderator: Dean Rosa Celorio, Associate Dean for International and Comparative Legal Studies
- Todd F. Buchwald, Member, UN Committee Against Torture; formerly Ambassador for Global Criminal Justice, U.S. Department of State
- Professor Laura A. Dickinson, Oswald Symister Colclough Research Professor of Law
- Alka Pradhan, Defense Counsel at the International Criminal Court; Member of the Drafting Group for the Méndez Principles
- 6:30 PM | Closing Remarks
- 6:35-7:15 PM | Drinks
- Enjoy drinks with other attendees of the Brand-Manatt lecture.