with the Capital Peers
Intuitive eating is a non-diet approach to eating that encourages you to make peace with all types of food, listen to your body, and eat what feels right for you. Join the Capital Peers Nutrition & Body Image Task Force to learn how the college lifestyle can perpetuate diet culture, as well strategies you can use to apply the 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating as a college student!
Refreshments will be provided. You are also welcome to bring your own food to eat as part of the workshop. Particpants will also be randomly selected to win a Group Fitness pass from Campus Recreation or a Trader Joe's snack pack!
1. Reject the diet mentality
2. Honor your hunger
3. Make peace with food
4. Challenge the food police
5. Discover the satisfaction factor
6. Feel your fullness
7. Cope with your emotions with kindness
8. Respect your body
9. Movement -- feel the difference
10. Honor your health -- gentle nutrition
Dimensions of Well-being: Physical, Spiritual
You must register on Engage for this event.