Moderator: Megan Siczek, Associate Professor of English for Academic Purposes with Matt Kaulius, Assistant Director, CCAS Advising
Panelists: Professors Kavita Daiya (WGSS and English), Mohessen Essey (Arabic), Sara Jamshidi (Graphic Design), and Yinglei Lai (Statistics)
Register in advance: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvc-qgrDksHdYlUGLz3yv09cPNGzgjsbnR
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
CCAS students, faculty, and members of the GW community are invited to attend and participate in a roundtable event where GW faculty from diverse cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds discuss their experiences as students. Panelists will discuss:
- Their decision to study in the U.S. and how it set the stage for their professional career.
- Their memories of being an international student.
- Their experiences with international students at GW.
- Advice they would give GW international students.
- How GW can support its international students and honor their cultural and linguistic diversity.
Followed by audience Q/A.