Registration is now open. The deadline for interested teams to register is October 29th by 11:59 PM.
Welcome to the Pitch George Competition 2021!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Center For Entrepreneurial Excellence (CFEE) presents a HYBRID version of the Pitch George Competition. Please see the schedule below:
Round 1 (Virtual) - November 6th, 2021, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Round 2 (Virtual) - November 13th, 2021, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
*Round 3 (In-Person) - November 20th, 2021, 8:30 AM - 1:45 PM
*The final round will be an in-person, invite-only, event at the GW Business School following all CDC guidelines. This will include all team finalists and judges for the final round. An hour will be allocated to networking.
Once you complete your registration, we will reach out to you via email with additional information.
REGISTRATION FOR PITCH GEORGE IS DUE BY SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23RD BY 11:59 PM.
Here are some IMPORTANT things for you to know prior to registering:
- If your team has WON A MONETARY PRIZE in a past Pitch George Competition, you are welcome to participate however, you will NOT be eligible to win a monetary prize for this Pitch George 2021.
- There is a MAXIMUM total of THREE (3) members per TEAM. You will need to know each team member's full name, email address, GW student status, and GW School Affiliation when registering.
- You will be asked to assign a TEAM LEADER within your group. The team leader will receive all important information, updates, and documentation pertaining to the competition. If you are a one (1) person team, you are automatically assumed to be the team leader.
- At LEAST half of the team must be composed of GW students or alumni to be eligible.
- Please have the TEAM LEADER fill out the registration form. ONE REGISTRATION FORM SUBMISSION PER TEAM. Any duplicates will be discarded unless you email us with a valid reason.
- We are aligning our tracks with the GWU New Venture Competition (NVC). You will be asked to choose ONE (1) TRACK for your company/venture.
The following ventures are defined by the NVC and used during Pitch George:
Tech Venture: "Tech Ventures have new proprietary technology, discovery, or innovation at their core. These ventures should have an intellectual property component and evidence that it will work in the real world."
Social Venture: "Social Ventures offer a solution to a pressing social or environmental problem that drives change using nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid models."
New Venture: "New Ventures are commercial ventures including services, products, or businesses that take a unique approach to solving an opportunity in the market while driving substantial market impact."
- You will be asked to provide a description of your company/venture in 1000 CHARACTERS OR LESS (around 200 words). This will be shared with Judges prior to the event.
- After registering, the team leader will receive an email with an assigned time slot for Round 1 that will serve as your pitch session. Each pitch session is 15 minutes long.
15-minute Pitch Session Breakdown:
1 minute for the team to get situated online, address any technical issues, etc.
3 minutes for the team to pitch their business venture idea
6 minutes for Q & A with the judges
5 minutes for judge's to score the team
- Please use the comment box toward the end of the registration to let us know if you have a specific time conflict; if you are requesting a NDA/IP; or any other important matter.
We have a great panel of judges joining us this year and are excited to hear your pitch!
If you have any questions, please email the Project Manager, Jessica Vodilka, at [email protected].